lf.residue_fieldall knowls · up · search:
The residue field of a nonarchimedean local field is the quotient of its ring of integers by its unique maximal ideal.
The residue field is finite and its characteristic $p$ is the residue field characteristic. Finite extensions of $\Q_p$ have residue field characteristic $p$.
- Review status: reviewed
- Last edited by Andrew Sutherland on 2020-10-24 17:07:26
Referred to by:History: (expand/hide all)
- 2020-10-24 17:07:26 by Andrew Sutherland (Reviewed)
- 2020-10-24 16:51:53 by Andrew Sutherland
- 2020-10-24 16:42:32 by Andrew Sutherland
- 2020-10-24 15:48:41 by Andrew Sutherland
Side by side (inline)
Inline (side by side)