There are exactly 8 isomorphism classes of curves over finite fields with trivial class group. Of these, 7 were identified by Madan-Queen in 1972 [10.4064/aa-20-4-423-432 , MR:0306160 ]; it was claimed by Leitzel-Madan-Queen in 1975 [0.1016/0022-314X(75)90004-9 , MR:0369326 ] that this list is complete. The 8th example was found by Stirpe in 2014 [10.1016/j.jnt.2014.02.016 , MR:3227356 ], and completeness of the resulting list was proved independently by Mercuri-Stirpe [arXiv:1406.5365 , 10.1016/j.jnt.2015.02.008 , MR:3339577 ] and Shen-Shi [arXiv:1412.3505 , 10.1016/j.jnt.2015.02.005 , MR:3339578 ].
- Review status: reviewed
- Last edited by Andrew Sutherland on 2019-05-04 20:50:19
- 2022-03-26 15:41:45 by Bjorn Poonen
- 2019-05-04 20:50:19 by Andrew Sutherland (Reviewed)
- 2019-05-04 20:49:21 by Andrew Sutherland
- 2019-03-18 14:09:12 by Kiran S. Kedlaya