Number fields were drawn from the following sources.
- M. Olivier for degree 3 fields
- J. Buchmann, D. Ford, and M. Pohst for degree 4 fields [MR:1176706]
- A. Schwarz, M. Pohst, and F. Diaz y Diaz for degree 5 fields [MR:1219705]
- M. Olivier for degree 6 fields [MR:1106977] , [MR:1149805] , [MR:1116107] , [MR:1096589] , [MR:1061760] , [MR:1050276] , and with A.-M. Bergé and J. Martinet [MR:1011438]
- P. Létard for degree 7 fields
Complete lists of global number fields were computed using two techniques, Hunter searches (see Section 9.3 of [MR:1728313, 10.1007/978-1-4419-8489-0] ) and class field theory (see Chapter 5 and Section 9.2 of [MR:1728313, 10.1007/978-1-4419-8489-0] ). Hunter searches are named for named for John Hunter [MR:0091309] , whose technique was refined significantly by M. Pohst [MR:0644904] . In some cases, the Hunter searches are "targeted" in that they focused on specific prime ramification [MR:1986816, 10.1090/S0025-5718-03-01510-2] .